The Program trains and develops food production personnel for the Hospitality industry. The course offers intensive practical and theoretical skills and competencies alongside a hands-on approach to the daily operations of a professional Kitchen.
The course is programmed as;
- 1½ Years - for the full time programme.
- 2½ years - for the Apprenticeship programme.
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Pastry and Bakery Arts 1
- Culinary Arts Basic cooking Techniques 1
- Kitchen Organization
- Food Knowledge 1
- Food Hygiene, Sanitation and Occupational Safety
- Social Aspects of Tourism
- Pastry and Bakery Arts 2
- Culinary Arts Basic Cooking Techniques 2
- Culinary Arts International Cuisine
- Food Knowledge 2
- Human Nutrition for the Hospitality Industry
- Business Communication
- Basic Language 1 (French)
- Pastry and Bakery Arts 3
- Culinary Arts Health Cuisine and Fine Dinning
- Culinary Arts Buffet and Banqueting Cuisine.
- Information Technology
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Basic Language 2 (French)
- Leisure and Recreational Studies
- Menu planning and costing
- Human Relations
- Hotel and Tourism Law
- Introduction to Financial and Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Studies
- Internal Attachment and Practical Project
- Industrial Attachment and Report
Our graduates enter the industry with skills and competencies required to succeed in various roles in the Food and Hospitality industry. Possible Job opportunities range from Hotel/Restaurant, Airlines, hospitals and learning institutions, corporate chef Cake and Bakery outlet, Events Catering, Food chain Markets and Food Media.
KCSE Aggregate C- with, English C- and Mathematics/Home Science D+ or any other equivalent qualification or KUC graduates of short course: Kitchen Operations Techniques/Cake Making & Decorations/Pastry & Bakery may apply provided they passed with Distinction or Credit.
- Ms. Catherine Sidi- Head of Department
- Mr. Reuben Nzuvu
- Mr. Jafred Kipande
- Mr. Emmanuel Kalu
- Mr. Stephen N. Gambo
- Mr. David Kariuki
- Mr. Charles Orido
- Mr. Elolia Kitumv
- Ms. Mercy Ndiege
- Mr. James Katiech
- Ms. Maureen Alala
- Ms. Doris Miriti